Sunday, March 01, 2009

All Dogs go to heaven. Then they eat shit.

Dogs love to eat things. I believe this is one of their top traits. Although it probably falls behind their tendency to sniff other dogs' asses and licking their own private regions but ahead of leg humping and rolling in shit. The thing about dogs is they don't really care what they eat, just as long as they eat. There is no distinction between what is edible and what is not edible. And what can be eaten and what should not be eaten and how much should be eaten.

Examples of non-edible objects:
flip flops, misc plastic wrappers on the sidewalk, head from a Jesus statue (I'm serious, this happened).

Examples of edible objects that should not be eaten:
cat crap, berries from some random tree, puke, garbage from the kitchen.

This leads into my next point about grass. I think somewhere way back in the evolutionary chain, a great dane and a Holstein mated. This would explain dogs affection for grass. I know dogs eat grass because it helps soothe an upset stomach. I understand this. However my dogs will eat it to the point where they either hurl or tufts start growing from their sphincter. It's very disturbing watching a dog rotate around in circles trying to pull grass from their ass. And yet, somewhat entertaining.

At least they don't get hairballs. And they clean up their own puke...

No comments: